The professionals at 1st Choice Fire & Water Restoration have been providing homeowners throughout Northern Indiana with reliable restoration services since 1990. Leaks, floods, storm damage and water damage from fires can cause a tremendous amount of stress to homeowners. When you find yourself with any kind of water damage or mold infestation in your home, call the experts at 1st Choice.
Comprehensive Water Damage Restoration
Get the emergency residential water damage restoration you need when you need it most and choose 1st Choice Fire & Water Restoration for the complete home restoration services you need. You can count on our experienced technicians to expertly restore your home and mitigate future water damage.
Dependable Flood Restoration Services
Trust the specialists at 1st Choice Fire & Water Restoration today for the dependable emergency water restoration services you deserve. Our technicians have more than 25 years of experience in the field. Contact us today!
What Can Cause Residential Water Damage?
Water damage can happen inside homes for a variety of reasons, including
- plumbing or appliance leaks
- broken water heaters
- broken or burst pipes and hoses
- a clogged toilet
- HVAC condensation
- Leaks through the roof (often due to severe weather and/or clogged gutters)
- Issues with the sump pump
- Cracks in the foundation
- Blocked drains
- A leak in the washing machine supply line
- and more
No matter the cause of your residential water damage, you need a local company with experience to restore your home quickly.
Premier Water Damage Mitigation & Restoration In St. Joseph County and Surrounding Areas
When we enter your home and assess your water damage, our technicians will then determine what services are needed to restore your home to its pre-damage status, including the removal of standing water, sanitization and restoration, as well as mold remediation as needed.
Our comprehensive range of water restoration services includes
- Water removal
- Mold remediation, including the removal of wet drywall, carpet and carpet pads, and dry-outs and deodorization
- Water mitigation
- Sanitation of water-damaged areas
- Wood furniture restoration (if salvageable)
Should you find yourself with any water damage in your home, there are a few things you can do to reduce additional damage and protect or save some of your belongings, as well as a few things you should absolutely avoid so you don’t endanger yourself. Prevent injuries and additional damage by keeping the following do’s and don’ts in mind.
Water in Your Home?
- Call reliable professionals immediately. The sooner we can get to your home, the sooner we can get to work to prevent worsening damage and bacteria growth.
- Mop and blot as much water as possible with towels.
- Remove any rugs and other floor coverings that aren’t permanently attached.
- Move photos, art and other wall-hangings to a dry location.
You Should Not:
- Attempt to remove wall-to-wall carpet on your own
- Enter a room that has standing water until you are certain the electricity has been turned off!
- Use a regular, household vacuum to attempt to remove water
- Use any electrical appliances while standing on wet carpet or flooring
- Disturb visible mold–leave it to the professionals!
- Try to lift tacked-down carpet on your own
Stay safe and call 1st Choice Fire & Water Restoration for prompt, professional water restoration services you can trust.